Monday, December 10, 2012

Nicole Kidman visits Kosovo



In 2006, UN Goodwill Ambassador, Nicole Kidman visited Kosovo.  She said the following after her visit, “I was very moved by the many women I met during my Kosovo trip. I learned so much from the experiences that they were willing to share – they spoke about how violence has disrupted their lives and the lives of their children. They talked to me about the tragedy of losing sons and husbands, but they also inspired me with their determination to build a better future for themselves and their families, and to claim their rights as individuals and citizens.”
 


I think it is very important that public figures have taken notice of this area and the plight of the women of Kosovo.  They have fought a continuously uphill battle in a society that has largely given women little than a passing thought or glance.  Hopefully as time goes by, more public figures will visit the area and provide resources for the women of Kosovo the means to provide for themselves and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment